Call or Text

Name Change Applications

Service Ontario’s Name Change package includes a Statutory Declaration.

Application for a Change of Name

To change the name on your birth certificate, please submit the following application along with the required supporting documentation:

  • Applicant’s full legal name (not nickname)

  • Applicant’s birth date and place of birth (ie: Edmonton)

  • Applicant’s parent(s)/guardian(s) names

  • If you are 16 or 17 years old, you will need the permission of everyone who has legal care of you before you may change your name.

  • You must notify your partner/spouse that you are changing your name if you are married or have signed a Joint Declaration of Conjugal Relationship paperwork.

  • If a police records check is required as part of your legal name change application, download the Criteria for a Police Record Check for a Change of Name form to ensure that the police agency performing the check fulfills all requirements. 

This Declaration must be Notarized/Commissioned before submission. Please note that the entire package must be completed before it can be Notarized/Commissioned. 

Are you looking for a Notary Public Mississauga for the notarizing or commissioning of your name change application? Contact The Notary Guy to book an appointment to assist with your name change notary needs. 

We are online 24/7

Contact Us For Any Questions