Employment ID verification in Canada
The importance of employment ID verification in Canada has been increasing continuously over the years, as it helps employers make informed decisions about their prospective employees. It also makes sure that candidates are who they claim to be and helps employers prevent fraud, such as identity theft or impersonation, during their hiring process.
Employment ID verification is a legal requirement in Canada. Employers must verify the identity and address of every employee they hire and keep employment records for at least two years. The information collected must be accurate, accessible, and up-to-date.
Employers should also be able to prove that they are following all local employment laws related to this process, such as those requiring them to keep records separate from other employee information (for example, payroll).
Documents required for employment verification
The documents you need to verify your employment in Canada will depend on the type of work permit, the kind of job, and the length of stay in Canada.
In general, these are the most common documents for identification:
- Canadian birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship certificate or citizenship card
- Record of landing document
- Confirmation of permanent residence document
As a matter of fact, it is a major regulatory requirement for all employers to verify the information provided by applicants and employees during the recruitment process. You can choose to do this yourself or outsource it to an independent third party.
- ID verification: An applicant’s identity needs to be verified before they are offered employment in Canada. This is done by verifying documents like passports or driver’s licenses!
- Address verification: This involves confirming whether or not an applicant lives at the address on their application form (or another document). The process involves requesting additional documentation such as utility bills, bank statements etc.
As an employer, you will have to verify your employee’s identity and address before hiring them. You can do this by requesting the documents or by outsourcing them to someone else, such as a notary public.
If you’re looking for a reliable service provider who can help you with employment ID verification in Canada, then we are here to assist you! We offer comprehensive solutions! Contact The Notary Guy today to assist with your Notary Public Mississauga needs.